PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa

Photo by http://sharondrewmorgen.com/

As I was driving home from work, which took me 1.5 hours through the jam today , I seriously thought about this. What are the advantages if I could work from home?

1. No JAM means less stress
2. Save on petrol and toll
3. Save on car maintenance
4. Less hazardous – sometimes I am tempted to doze off when I am tired
5. Better health – physically and mentally
6. More time with family
7. More comfort
8. It can be more effective
9. Rest when needed – less MC
10. No worries on being late for work – I was late an hour yesterday because of the rain
11. Maximization of time for other “important” things like exercise etc

I am sure there are many more reasons I thought of when I was driving..but I am just too tired out now to even re-think those reasons.

Sigh..I just wish one day (when I am still alive), companies in Malaysia will implement this. Perhaps work from home 3 out of 5 working days and come in to the office for the rest of the working days. This way, you also would not lose touch with the “outside world”.

What is life when you spend most of your life in this misery? Why want to get married when 5 out of 7 days you are just tired together? Why have children when you cannot spend time watching them grow? Why have homes when you aren’t maximizing your time in it? Why buy that comfortable sofa when all you need is your bed?
9 Responses
  1. Jaded Jeremy Says:

    Agreed. Hard to achieve. Need luck, I supposed. Go ahead and aim for one. You'll never know.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    In the wrong country. Come to Oz :)

    -Sis


  3. Elyssa Says:

    It is really frustrating you know. Sometimes I actually feel not too bad after work...but because of the jam etc, it effects my whole night at home :(

    Sis,
    Easier said than done? hahaha. And you sis here is not so wanted as a professional...kekeke


  4. CSC Says:

    hi! i'm csc from malaysia bride forum. i'm strongly agree with u, i ever think of this for so long. The time spend for family is so little.


  5. Elyssa Says:

    CSC,
    Ya...it is saddening right? Sometimes you would think whether it is all worth it or not.


  6. CSC Says:

    yap yap.. we seem like spend majority of times for work... but i think u work 5 days only while i work 6 days... more pity ler. Cheer up as u r bride to be ^_*


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Life in M'sia seems tough on the family--high demands at work; and those jams... Then when kids come along, most parents spend so much time making sure kids excel in schools. You need to find a happy medium. As M'sia becomes more industralized, we hope, working from home will be more receptive. SR


  8. Indah Says:

    I think a number of IT companies in Msia implement the work from home system. My current company is one of them *grins*

    I agree on the plus side of being able to WFH but after a few months, u'll tend to either want to just work from home each day & dread going to the office, or, feel sick of being at home all the time. Must have good self control. Unlike me. Haha.

    I know some companies have tried it but it didn't work cause management didn't trust the employees were doing work. :\


  9. Elyssa Says:

    Indah,

    Yeah..I think HP is doing this too right? But well, I could not find any companies that are suitable for me as I am not in IT line. Sigh...wish I can find something soon...


Related Posts with Thumbnails