PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa
Recently I started listing down the invitees for my house warming coming New Year. As for my hubby and I, we agreed to have a small house warming and only invite those we are close to. However, it occurred to me I have not many close friends (the ones that I really keep in touch with). I have many friends, but not many close ones.

In my younger years, my family shifted around a lot (a total of 13 times for me!!). Therefore I never had any neighborhood friends or childhood friends. The first few years of my life was in one state, then 6 years in another then back to the first state. And now I am in another state because of work. This is just one of the reason. Another reason is (I am ashamed of admitting this) that I am one LAZY girl. Many of times I had friends inviting me for gatherings etc, but I do not want to go. I will give all kinds of excuses even though I know it would be fun. Deep down inside, I am afraid I would not have much to say at the gathering or I do not fit well with them or I do not dress right or..and the list goes on (I know, I know, I think too much). Because of me being a scare-dy cat most of the time, I loose out on being one of ANY of the "gang". But I am one lucky girl. I still have a few friends who never gave up on me :P. Some still calls me up for a chat or invite me to gatherings. Since I realised what kind of person I am previously, I will force myself to meet up with friends (sometimes it works and sometimes not..haha). After meeting up with them, I realised how much have I been missing.

Although at times I still go back to the old me, but now I will pull out the courage to invite my friends out instead. And usually things go very smoothly and all that I was worried about before never even appeared. I admit I am stupid in this sense but it is hard to shake of those feelings I had and still have in me.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to thank those friends who never gave up on me even though I 'ffk' many times before. Don't give up on me and I will try my very best to change my ways :P

P/s Oh...and to my new friends, just ignore what you read here and just continue to be my friend..hahaha. I am trying to change, remember?? Give la chance...hehe
8 Responses
  1. Jaded Jeremy Says:

    Eh, I'm also like that. I've been "forcing" myself to accept as many invites as possible. Most of the time I am glad I did it.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    The more you mix, the better you will be at it -- practice makes perfect. Lyssa, you are pretty, and personable, so chin up, and go ahead and have fun, fun, fun. sl


  3. last time i used to want as many friends as possible.. but what did i get in return? hi & bye friends, back stabbers and 'friends' who likes to take advantages.. now, i just want a few real friends.. who would be there for me when i'm down/in trouble and i'd do the same for them too :)


  4. Elyssa Says:

    jeremy & sl,

    yeah. I should force myself to accept these invites by friends (of cos depending who are they la..hehe). And I agree, I end up having fun with them. But just not sure why I will ffk again the next time...still afraid...haha


  5. Elyssa Says:

    Nicole,

    When I was younger, I always wanted lots of friends. Made me feel popular. But not now.

    This topic of mine is mainly for my close friends who never gave up on me eventhough I ffk them many times :P. So I must always forced myself to go out with them even when I do not feel like it. But I would not have problem saying NO to just hi-bye friends la..haha


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Make many friends, but must have at least one very good, dear and true friend -- one who will be with you in good and bad times. These are not so easy to come by. In times of need is when you will know who your true friends are. sl


  7. Unknown Says:

    haha.. hv chance to share, alwiz 2 said wat fren for...sumting i learn n get 2 learn from... fren sumone that we can choose as long we r true to them we r alwiz happy


  8. Elyssa Says:

    True true...you are one true friend la


Related Posts with Thumbnails