PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa
This article was out in todays' main papers here in Malaysia. The below is an extract from The Star newspaper.


I have been meaning to write on something like this, mainly due to the fact that I need HELP! I know the above article is about sugar intake. I think my sugar intake is fine. My opinion on this is that the drinks made outside are too sweet plus Malaysians love to make all those local desserts which uses too much sugar! Anyway, this is not what I wanted to talk about.

I think it all started when I was pregnant and now even after my baby is 4 months, I feel that I am so easily tempted with....FAST FOOD! I am not sure why but it may be for the convenience (annoying to think what to eat for dinner and fast food restaurants are EVERYWHERE!. Drive-thru and delivery services makes it so convenient especially when I am stuck in a jam. Fast food to me is not over the top delicious but I do get excited thinking about wedges, sundaes, and Zinger burger and Spicy McChicken and...OMG, it is a long list.

I need to stop myself now..but how? How to stop this hazardous temptation? The temptation to just drive-thru a fast food chain or the temptation to taste their food? It takes great effort from me just to pass a fast food place without stopping by especially after work. Help me!

(In my labels, I had to choose both "likes" and "dislikes". I like to eat fast food but dislike that I am so tempted by it and how it is so unhealthy)
2 Responses
  1. Jaded Jeremy Says:

    Slowly wean yourself off fastfood e.g. allow fastfood only once a week. After you get used to that, then decrease it further e.g. once every two weeks and so on. That's how I did it to rein on my craving for expensive Jap food when I was in Singapore :)


  2. Keep this word in mind for the benefit of you and Ayden... Whenever you see a fast food restaurant, put this equation in mind... "Fast Food = Unhealthy Food".

    That's what I've been teaching Zhen from small... She knows MD = Unhealthy... So, she's ok, if we pass thru MD and don't go in... It's really a once in a blue moon thingy, if we goes into one fast food place.

    When you think of your child, the temptation will go away (I guess)... 'coz we all want the best for our kids... and healthy food or home cooked meals are the best for them.

    Hope this help! :D


Related Posts with Thumbnails