PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa
I was on my way to work, listening to the radio (FlyFM) and one of the topic for this morning was "In your life, what thing did you do that was a risk worth taking?". As I listened to the callers stories, it brought back memories of something I did just last year, around the same time as this year which I think was worth the risk.

Ready? I went for an interview/audition to be a DJ on FlyFM! Surprised? I surprised myself too for making such a bold move. I have never/ very rare have the guts to make such decision. Most of the time it will be all talk and no action. It was nearing my wedding dinner and I have all the excuse for being very busy, needing to spend time with my family and also preparing for the wedding. However, I made my stand and just went for it.

Obviously, I did not get the job..haha. I did not even reach the top 5 (if not mistaken they chose about 4 - 5 to test them further). Many people turned up for this (young and old). I will be lying if I told you that for not one moment, I never thought of just leaving the place before my number was called. But I knew at that moment, if I were to chicken out from it, I would be left wondering for life on the "What if...?"

It was not surprising that I was a nervous wreck during the audition. Jules and Phat Fabes was there with the other FlyFM crew members. It was actually a very comfortable audition, but well, my nerves got the better of me. Phat Fabes was trying to get me to smile when reading the script given as I smiled a lot when I was just "chatting" with them before the script reading was done. How to smile when you are soooo nervous?? Hahaha.

Anyway, I think this experience is one that I will always remember and it was worth all the risk.
2 Responses
  1. kc Says:

    lol. u really hate traffic dont you


  2. Elyssa Says:

    Hi Ovonel. Err...when did I mention the "traffic" word in my post? However I do have a HATE traffic post somewhere else...:P :P. TRAFFIC is my ENEMY!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails