PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa


I was back in my hometown last week and my mum has cleared out my old stuff from the store room. She put all my stuff in two baskets for me to look through if I wanted to keep them or not. Ohhh...and I had fun just looking through my old stuff (including my old diary...haha..it was hilarious)

Well, I actually found all my old letters from my schoolmates (I shifted to another state when I was in Standard 6). I had fun reading those letters. Many were just very short letters. I never realised we really went all out just to send one letter. Just a few sentences on a decorated paper (some perfumed), we had to go through all the trouble of folding the letter, put it in an envelope, decorate the envelope, write the address and not forgetting to Thank the "Mr. Postman", seal the envelope, stick a stamp on it and get our parents to send the letter for us. And it will take 2-3 days for the letter to arrive to your friend.

Compare this to our current situation...oh my, oh my...I think we would be crazy to do such thing now. But it was fun as long as it lasted :)
Labels: edit post
3 Responses

  1. It's a different feeling all together, when you receive a snail mail... excitedly opening the envelope... wondering what's in there... smelling the perfume... and slowly looking at those lovely drawings... nice papers... and reading just the few BUT hand written lines!

    What's your home address?? :D


  2. Elyssa Says:

    It is actually quite nice right? My home address? So you can send some snail mails to me? Hahaha. You can, but most likely you will get a reply from me through your mail or FB or an sms..hahaha. Plus I ran out of stickers :P


Related Posts with Thumbnails