PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa
I would really recommend this place if you are a fan of steam fish…especially Steam Fish Head. As far as I know, there are two places that serve delicious and cheap fresh steam fish head in KL. One is the ever so famous Jalan Chan Sow Lin Steam Fish Head (will post this soon as I ate it quite awhile back..hehe). One more is my new found discovery (thanks to my hubby), Mun Kee Steam Fish Head at Off Jalan Imbi.
I have tried two kinds of steam fish head at Jalan Chan Sow Lin (spicy and non-spicy) and the non-spicy one at Mun Kee. Basically, both are very delicious because the fish they use is very fresh. Overall, here are some of the differences about these two places:-

1. Harder to find parking at Jalan Chan Sow Lin (if you found one, you will be charged RM 2) whereas there is a designated parking space for Mun Kee (and it is a free parking if you eat there. Remember to have your ticket stamped before you leave)
2. The shop at Jalan Chan Sow Lin is small and very old whereas Mun Kee is located at a more open space hawker centre. There are also other stalls at this hawker centre selling other types of food.
3. The prices are cheap at both places. However, if I am not mistaken, the price for Jalan Chan Sow Lin is a little lesser than Mun Kee.
Personally, I would prefer Mun Kee as it is nearer to my place and the place has better ventilation than Jalan Chan Sow Lin.

Enjoy the photos of the mouth watering dishes at Mun Kee:-

Photo taken from the parking lot


Ta-da..the delicious Steam Fish Head (medium size according to the boss however it was huge. Enough for 4 person. RM 26)


Beansprouts (A big plate for only RM 5)


Steam Pork with salted fish (yummy and at RM 12)


Thumbs up by my dad :)


The way to a happy family is through their stomach..hahaha


FULL



Address :
8, Jalan Melati, Off Jalan Imbi, Kuala Lumpur
55100 Wilayah Persekutuan
Labels: , , edit post
6 Responses
  1. is this a 'write-up' for "Ho Chiak" or "Jalan2 Cari Makan"??? Hahhaaa!


  2. Elyssa Says:

    NPP's Live to Eat...kakakaka


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Hahaha...I think most of the Ng's live to eat!

    Me jealous liao..

    -Sis


  4. Elyssa Says:

    Hehehe...I wanted to torture you with these pictures in FB by tagging you. So evil la your sister. Nvm, will bring you to this place at your next trip if possible.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Hey, I live to eat too. Next visit you've got to take me to Mun Kee--steamed fish head, bean sprouts, steamed pork and salted fish, my mouth watering favs :) SR


  6. Elyssa Says:

    Hehe...no problem :). And the food is affordable too


Related Posts with Thumbnails