PathofLife Search Engine

Custom Search

PathofLife Result Search

Elyssa


It’s been quite sometime I have not posted on food…one of my favourite thing. For my birthday, my husband and I decided to try something new. Our initial plan was to go to Bar.B.Q Plaza at One Utama, but we ended up trying Plus One Shabu Shabu.

First impression was that it looked like a Korean steamboat place, but then I found out it is a type of Japanese steamboat. As we went during lunch time on a weekday, hence they have a menu especially for lunch set. To our surprise, the lunch set was cheap (range between RM9.90 to RM13.90 including free orange/mango drink). Their soup base had many varieties (Herbal Soup, Fish Soup, Tom Yum Soup and many others). What caught our attention were the many types of sauces they provided. One thing that disappointed us was that the soup base was not that tasty. But it was solved with a little addition of certain sauces (trial and error).


The many types of sauces (my hubby added some fish sauce and sesame oil into his fish base soup and I added some tom yum paste into my tom yum soup)


My tom yum soup and the lunch sets


Mixed lunch set (RM 9.90). Was too hungry that I forgotten to take a photo of my hubby's lunch set. His was the fish set and the fish was really nice too (RM 13.90)


We added this dish - Pork Loin (RM 22). This was delicious. The meat was fresh, sweet and tender


Me enjoying the Pork Loin :)

All in all, I think it is a great place for those who want to try something different compared to our conventional steamboat around. One thing’s for sure, their food is fresh and this is one of the most important elements in steamboat. YUMMY!

Address:
Lot F 337-338, Rain Forest,
1st Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre(New Wing),
No. 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Business Hours:
Daily from 11:00am to 10:00pm

Contact:
603-7725 3322
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Jaded Jeremy Says:

    Does the soup have oil? If so, is it oily?


  2. Elyssa Says:

    My soup was tom yum, so definitely it will be a little oily. But my hubby's soup (fish soup) was not oily..even when he added some sesame oil..haha


Related Posts with Thumbnails